Do you know the classic song, Under the Boardwalk, by the Drifters? Whenever I hear that song it first reminds me of my parents because they had it on tape and we would listen to it often and second, it simply makes the beach sound so dreamy. I love all things beach, beach houses, and beach trips. Needless to say, our beach day in California wasn't enough to satisfy my craving. I would have spent a whole week at a beach house. I just simply love the relaxation of the whole thing.
When we first got to the beach all the kids went running into the water. Some even were quite taken back by the under toe and fell right in. It was freezing. The rest of the time they spent running into the shallow waves and running back out before the waves caught up to them.
It was even too cold for the dad's. They came running out too.
Camberlyn was just so happy sitting in the warm sand and digging (and fighting over the lack of shovels and buckets we had for all the kids).
Gavin made this hole and turned it into a fort with a wall around it.
We then went hunting for tide pools and the creatures that live in them.
We saw a ton of these mussels.
Pretty sea anemones.
Lots of Starfish.
Seal rock.
The men went on an adventure to get closer to "Seal Rock" and below is a picture of the cliff they were climbing- it looks like a nice enough drop.
Happy kiddos.





6 comments:
That's so awesome! I love the picture of the dads coming out of the water. So funny! What a great memory you will all have.
I love all things beach as well! Sounds so nice!
I ache for the beach. I'm glad you guys had fun.
Something must be wrong with my hip and a shark ate my leg.
We love the beach. You guys need to come to Georgia and we'll hit the beach. The Atlantic is so much warmer than the Pacific.
I want to go back! We didn't get enough beach time, that's for sure.
Post a Comment