I love vacationing in places I've never been. Yes, it's fun to go to those traditional spots, but something about exploring a new location is exciting to me.
This year my dad had the opportunity to borrow a friend's cabin in Island Park, Idaho.
It was gorgeous. They also had 3 ATV's, plus my dad brought up his; a trampoline; lots of space to explore; a huge loft with tons of beds and a love sack for the kids to play hide n seek; a fire pit; and it was super close to Mesa Falls, Yellowstone, a fishing and rafting river and we could see the beautiful Tetons. I would definitely love to go back.
![]() |
| The first day we walked around the area to find bugs and creatures |
![]() |
| They found a snake |
![]() |
| We had to have Smore's one of the nights and take advantage of the awesome firepit |
![]() |
| We all enjoyed Just Dance on the Kinect |
![]() |
We hiked to Upper Mesa Falls, almost 14 years ago this was me and Frank's first date. And it was the first time we've been back since. It is so unbelievably gorgeous. |
![]() |
| Grandma and Grandpa took the kids out on their first ride on the 4-Wheeler's. |









4 comments:
Looks like a fun vacation spot! My brother told me the other day he wanted to go there. I had never heard of Island Park before that.
I love Island Park! My dad grew up on a sawmill there. Our extended family reunion are usually there.
Looks like such a cool place!
Great pics. Love Island Park! Looks like you had a wonderful getaway!
Post a Comment