I can't believe our summer is one-third over already. I never remember summer going by so fast. Maybe because we didn't have as many things going on when I was younger or maybe it was because I didn't mind school so it wasn't something I was dreading to go back to. Or maybe it was because I wasn't the one planning everything and always looking ahead. Maybe it's because I have a summer birthday and the days waiting for that event seemed to go so slow. Whatever the reason, it's kind of sad that this year has flown by.
But, I can say this, my family will have lots of memories from this summer. It has been jam-packed.
June was by far the busiest month.
The first weekend was my dirty-dash race with a neighborhood friend, Amy Grow, my Sister-in-law Lindsay, and my younger brother Tyler. This was also the weekend we got our new pet: a bearded dragon named Russell.
The second week we left for our trip to the cabin in Island Park with my family. (see previous post for pictures)
The third week I had youth conference and the kids were thoroughly entertained with Grandma and Grandpa for two days and nights (which included going to the new splash pad, trip to the park, trip to Silver lake, going out to eat, movies, exploding slurpees, a Nerf gun war, and staying up way too late).
The fourth week we went camping to Affleck Park up East Canyon- half way between Parley's and Immigration Canyon.
Not to mention every single week there was a neighborhood playgroup and ending the month with my birthday.
Below are a few highlighted pic's from these events- minus Island Park :)
 |
Here we are near the finish line at the Dirty Dash.
|
 |
| This is how our lizard sleeps, sometimes he's completely balanced and isn't against the wall at all. Weird! |
 |
| Our group at Youth Conference- go Bee's! |
 |
| The end of our camping weekend; this deserves it's own post. There were a few mishaps, but a fun music video highlighted the good times. (See franl1heid on youtube- Some Nights). |
 |
|
First playgroup: Skye Park- climbing on the roofs of the buildings at the park |
 |
| Second Playgroup: Wheeler Farm |
|
3 comments:
I hadn't even thought about summer being a third over. You've been busy having fun though!
Looks like some fun times! I especially love Gavin's face in the camping picture. ;)
I was going to say the same thing Megan did about Gavin's face. Poor thing! Glad you had a fun June!
Post a Comment