It's been a while since I just wrote things down.
First off, it's now been a year since I've been in Young Women's. That is longer than I was in the Relief Society presidency. Let me tell you it has gone by way too fast. I had a whole list of activities that I thought about before I actually got set apart in this calling last September, but now my list is dwindling. We have done so many things. If anyone ever has any ideas you think about that would be great for YW's- please send them my way.
In the beginning it was a little bit of a tough transition for both the leader's and the girls. I know change is hard, but I think we are all at a comfortable spot with each other now. Especially after Girl's Camp. I know it is truly an inspired event in the Young Women's program because so much bonding happens and so many memories are made. Those experience can not be gained anywhere else.
Next, the kids started school for the 2012-2013 School Year. This is the first year we haven't had year-round. I'm going to miss it a little bit, but I also think it's worth it to have a longer summer.
Jackson, 5th Grade, Mr. Hall

Gavin, 2nd Grade, Mrs. Wasson (Mrs. Merritt)

Jackson has decided to start Flag Football this year. It's really fun to watch and I think I get into it as much as the Coach does. Well I actually get into any sport that my kids play. I can't help it. I am super competitive. He has also created a whole workout schedule on his own of daily push-ups, sit-ups, and pull-ups so that he can be well conditioned for basketball season in December (his #1 favorite sport). Funny kid.
Gavin is playing soccer with some buddies in the neighborhood. He is a good little runner and last time he played soccer he was one of the top scorers on the team, however, I'm afraid he starts on the big fields this year and he'll have a hard time running that distance for a long time. Hopefully, they have plenty of substitutes and everyone shows up on game days. He is also looking forward to basketball season the most though.
Camberlyn also has started preschool for the first time and I will post her picture when I get my camera back.
She loves it. I wish it was longer. She is so eager to learn and read. She knows some sight words (the, and, it, no) and "sounds" out anything she can. She will count to 100 with everything that is countable. She also goes around telling people her phone number and address (which I've had to explain that those aren't things we tell strangers- one of life's little lessons). She has also started dance. They teach the kids a little of everything: ballet, jazz, freestyle. She loves dance, but it gives me anxiety to watch. I just want to go on the dance floor and remind her to point her toes, or to pay attention, or to hold her hands a certain way. But then again, I do look around the room and there are others who are just learning as well, plus she is only four. By looking at her in dance class she is having so much fun and that is what counts right?
Frank is out of town for a week for work. He left this morning at 5:00 am and won't be back until Saturday night. It's already been quite the day without him around. With all the sports practices and games and school activities I know time will fly by, but it's the nights I worry about. I won't be getting a lot of sleep- I never do when he's gone. And I'm trying to juggle how to do everything and that worries me a little bit. This is where praying for patience will be a necessity this week.

This is a yummy dessert I made recently. Mini Toasted Strawberry Cakes.
The bottom layer is a circle cut out of Angel Food Cake, which is dipped in the juice of chopped of strawberries.
Next layer is a dallop of this marshmallow/sugar mix.
Then a sliced strawberry on top of that.
Finished off with more of the marshmallow mix.
Broiled for just a minute or so until golden.
Delicious!
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
A Bunch of Randomness...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Good luck this week! It's always hard when the hubby leaves for so long. Write a blog post every night! Let me know if I can help you in any way too. I'm glad your kids are keeping busy even if that means you are running them around everywhere. I'm sad Eliza didn't get into the same dance class as Camberlyn and Abbi. It would have been nice to carpool.
It's been a year!? Wow, that did go by fast! A great place to get more ideas will be at the Stake training next month! You can get tons of ideas from the other YW presidents. :)
I hope this week goes by fast for you. It's already almost half over, right!?
And those strawberry things look AWESOME! I want one.
Your kids are so cute. Glad that all three of yours are friends with three of mine! It is fun having them in the same activities and classes!
Post a Comment