Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Worries

For those of you who don't know, I, Heidi (I need to specify, because once in a while Frank will post on this blog) am running a 5K on Saturday morning. I had been so diligent in running to a schedule on "training" for a 5K- isn't that sad that I had to "train" for only 3.1 miles?
But for some reason in the last two weeks our life has been turned upside down. Between working, Young Men's, Scouts (my new calling), Jackson's Karate, and everything else that happens at nights I feel so stressed about running.

Luckily, when I got this idea and actually started running I found out that two other ladies in the ward were going to do one too. It's better motivation to do it with someone so I kind of hooked up on their training schedule and building up my endurance. These two gals are so diligent and they faithfully run even when they go out of town. With my nights becoming non-existent to do anything for myself or even spend quality time with the family (except weekends) and who wants to run on a weekend night, I FEAR for this Saturday. I always said I will just be happy to finish, but now I want to finish and get a good time.

My last run was Saturday morning. And although I had been going strong on running 2-3 times a week, I am now lucky if I get in once a week. It also doesn't help that it gets darker earlier. That just cuts into my running time, because I don't go when it's dark. The last week in July something scary happened, so I don't like to go alone either. Now some of you may say, why don't you wake up early and go before Frank goes to work. That might be my only option for tomorrow, but I am NOT a morning person. I have a hard time waking up to get kids to school on time.

I guess the reason for this post is to say I will be glad when the 5K is done then I won't feel discouraged about running on a schedule and feel horrible if I miss a day. I might actually enjoy the run instead of worrying about the time.

I'll have to let you know how it goes after Saturday.

6 comments:

Mindy, Julia and Connor said...

Hang in there Heidi! I am pulling for you! You can do it!!

Tia said...

What was the scary thing that happened? Now you've got me all curious!

Cole Family said...

Go Heidi! The fact that you set a goal to run a race is great and have worked towards that goal is great! I don't know how you find the time. I feel like I have no time and I just go to class and watch Benson. Good luck on Saturday, we know you'll do great!

Liz said...

You'll do great, I run more often than you and you kick my butt everytime. I too can't wait for the race to be over and the pressure. Good luck!

julie said...

Good luck! I think that it is awesome that you are going to run a 5K. You are much braver than me, but then again you have always been a runner. I know you'll do great and feel so good once it is all over.

d.r. gib said...

I too want to know what happened in July!! I don't like being out a lone at might either, and if my daughter would let me sleep through the night, maybe I would go in the morning. I am very impressed with you, even if you only run once a week, that is more than most people, including myself. Good Luck! You will do awesome!!!