Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Fun Family Night (one week ago)

We went to visit Temple Square the Monday after Thanksgiving and it was great. The weather was pretty warm, it wasn't busy at all, we actually saw two families from the ward, and it wasn't too hectic to park. We enjoyed the Nativity program without having to fight our way to see what was happening and we were able to walk up to the Christus statue without too much of a crowd. I don't remember the last time I went without it being crazy. Plus, the Deseret Book across the street is giving away free hot chocolate throughout the whole season, from 6-9 every night. That was an extra bonus. It was an enjoyable evening. I imagine the Tuesday after Thanksgiving is pretty mellow as well considering it wouldn't be family night.


It's a blurry picture, but I like the temple in the background.

2 comments:

julie said...

I really miss temple square this year. I wish we could go, but I guess if you go again this year, you'll have to think of me! It is such a special place especially this time of year.

Melissa said...

Thanks for the deseret book hot chocolate tip! I always have intentions to buy a thermos - but never do. How fun! I heard parking on weekends is atrocious. Think we'll go during the week.