Actually it was almost a month ago. This year we had a combined b-day party with my family because my dad's is only two days before Gavin's. We did leave a few presents for him to open on his actual day, but we didn't plan anything specific to do. Well his day came around and he told me he wanted a Batman party. Oh! What? Who knew?? I didn't want to disappoint so we spent all morning looking for plates, napkins, and balloons, and I made a quick Batman cake. I kept reassuring him that this was only going to be a family party and he kept saying, "I know". But then when we set the table and put up his decorations he asked, "when is Jordan coming over?" I felt horrible. I didn't know he had such expectations for a "birthday party". Luckily, after he opened his gifts he quickly forgot about friends coming over. Phew! He's definitely getting a friend party next year, just because I suffer from guilt.
Gavin's Three Year Birthday- The year of the "Nacho Libre Obsession".
Gavin's Two Year Birthday- Build-a-Bear and New Kitchen (he's so tiny!)

7 comments:
I don't do friend parties until they are in kindergarten. Too much work for when they are little!
We have that same kitchen! Gavin is a cutie! I was thinking of having a few of Brooklyn's friends over for her 3rd birthday party, but only like one or two of them.
great job on the Batman cake! Thanks for letting us come over the other day, it was so fun.
Cute Cake! Carter's 2nd is on Saturday... I'm doing a Thomas cake, but I think I might just stick a choo choo on top... I've seen some really ornate train cakes as I've been looking for ideas, not sure if I'm up to that! He is such a cutie, He does look tiny in the 2 year old pic, that's Carter now and I can't imagine him being bigger, he seems so big to me now. It helps to put into perspective that some day I'll remember his present form as "tiny"!
Good job on that cake, I'm impressed.
Happy Birthday, Gavin! Love the Nacho Libre cake and obsession - that's so funny. Jack Black is one of my favorite's...he doesn't even have to talk in order to make me laugh.
Your cake skills are sweet Heidi. Happy Birthday Gavin! Sunbeams here you come.
Post a Comment