That is all I can say about sick kids.
I forgot how horrible it is to have a sick baby. Yesterday Camberlyn woke-up whiney and was fretful all morning. She didn't want to be put down and she would actually reach for me when I did (which she hasn't ever done), therefore I couldn't get much done. She is not usually like that at all.
Well I gave her a 4 oz. bottle and she drank it but kept crying, so I figured she needed more food so I gave her another few ounces. Well then it happened... she threw-up all over me, herself, and the kitchen. As soon as that happened she practically passed out in my arms and slept for a couple of hours.
I was afraid to give her anything else and she drank probably 6 oz. of water through out the rest of the day. She acted fine with water, but I knew 6 oz. wasn't enough. Since she acted alright I kept thinking maybe I just forced her to drink too much formula, or maybe it was something she ate the previous night. We then went to the ward party and she was crying and wouldn't take a bottle of water- I decided to try the formula again since she needed to drink something to prevent dehydration. No sooner had she downed 4 oz. and she threw-up right when we were eating our dinner. We picked up our plates and immediately headed home (so please don't think we just came for the food and went home, I was covered in crud and she was so horrible to deal with). I was worried so we picked up some pedialyte and the pharmacist got me all paranoid so I ran her over to the "After hours Kidscare". She had viral gastrinitis- you know just some stomach bug. Now she won't take pedialyte, she looks pale, she just lays there and cuddles (which she never does), I can't put her down except to sleep in her bed, she has gone through about 8 diapers already (it's only 2:00 pm), and I have to pry her mouth open to drink water. Again, UGGGH!!!
I'm sorry if any of you have come in contact with her the last few days- hopefully you washed hands really well. So far none of us have it and I've been scrubbing our house and toys.
I know this doesn't really appeal to people to read, I'm just venting. I hate it that the rest of the kids get ignored anytime the others are sick- again, I don't do well with guilt.
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Ugggh!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I am so sorry she is sick! Good luck, hope she feels better soon. And don't be so hard on yourself, the boys have each other.
Sick babies are the worst! I am so sorry that you are dealing with that right now. The nice thing is that it makes a non-cuddling baby, cuddly for a while and that's a pay off for the throw up on you. Way to go keeping it away from the rest of your household. That's talent! Good Luck!
Oh no! I saw the bishop carry her carseat out last night with Frank, and wondered what happened to you guys. That stinks!!!! I'm so sorry! Meredith has a stuffy nose, and that alone is making me crazy (her sleeping has gone from bad to HORRID). I can't imagine if she was stomach sick! How sad! Poor Camberlyn. Hang in there, and let me know if you need anything.
So sorry to hear it... we've definitely been there on the whole puking kid in public thing, Carter projectile vomited at the JSMB at a very swanky wedding lunch. I just about died! I hope she get's feeling better soon!
I'm so sorry! Poor Camberlyn is still so little. Marty came home from his meetings this morning and said you might be going to Primary Children's today. It brought back some memories of doing the same thing with Brooklyn back in April. I hope Camberlyn gets feeling better soon!
Having a sick baby is the worst! Katelyn had a very sensitive stomach as a baby, so I know a little of what you are going through. It is very scary. I'm sure you've already done it, but have Frank give her a blessing and enjoy the cuddle time while you can. She needs you right now, and the boys will be fine. We'll keep her in our prayers. I hope she gets feeling better soon!
Post a Comment