Camberlyn is now 9 1/2 months and decided she does not want me to feed her pureed veggies and fruit. She needs to feed herself. When she picks things up herself she is more picky. She will no longer eat a lot of healthy things that I could spoon feed her. My new trick ... V8 juice. I put it in her sippy cup this morning and there was not a sign of "this is gross" on her face as she was drinking. I am so happy. I have found a new way for her to get her veggies. Now this won't work on the boys, unfortunately, they're too old. I just have to trick them by hiding the veggies in their food. Hopefully, she keeps it up.
I was going to throw this out because no one in our house liked it before today. Now you may ask, "why do you have it, if no one likes it?" It is from me and Frank's attempt and failure at the South Beach diet from the beginning of the new year- that story could be a whole blog post in itself. But now I don't have to throw it away, which I hate wasting food, so again, Happy Day!

7 comments:
Around that same age I started giving it to Carter in a sippy as well. He went along with it until he was just over 1, and now he won't touch it, but it was good while it lasted! It's a staple in my fridge, but I'm the only one who will drink it!! I love it.
Smart idea...I never thought of that, but I'll have to remember that when my little one gets older.
Not even the fruit kind? Wow! Good thinking!
both of my kids love the V8 Fusion that has a full serving of fruits and vegies. They like the stawberry banana, I like the orange one (I forget what is in it besides oranges) I understand, getting them to have fruits and vegies is so hard, it is hard for me too. I think I saw V8 on a Grocerysmarts list this week.
I cannot stand V8! It is nasty! LOL But I do like the V8 Fusion, with the fruit. It is just so expensive. We usually don't buy juice at all.
What a great idea! I'll have to try that with my kids. Heaven knows they don't get enough veggies! I feel guilty every day about it.
I do like the V8 Fusion with fruit, that is tasty, but the South Beach Diet allows no fruits in the first phase. Hence, the pure vegetable juice. Ugh.
Post a Comment