Saturday, January 31, 2009

THINGS I LOVE

This is a post about random things that I love.

1) Carrot Muffins. I found this recipe on the Super Healthy Kids blog - they are so delicious with or without frosting. My kids loved them and they were gone in an instant.



1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 Cup white flour
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
3 eggs
1/2 cup canola oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup carrot puree
Mix all ingredients til moistened. Bake in 350 oven for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
Frost with 4 oz light cream cheese and 1/3 cup powdered sugar and 1/2 tsp vanilla blended.
Makes 12 muffins


2) Scent Eraser. This is a simple bar of stainless steel that when you rub it on your hands (with warm water and soap) after chopping up onions or garlic it erases the smell from them. It's wonderful. No more smelling my vegetables on my hands later that night or even in the morning.



3) Tub Crayons. Gavin got these for his b-day in November and he is still loving them. They occupy his time in the tub for so long. He has way too much fun plus it's such easy cleaup- just rub with sponge and water.



4) Cropadile "Big Bite". This tool will put holes in just about anything (chipboard, metal, plastic, paper, cardboard, etc), plus it smashes eyelets and gromets- and the best reason of all, it will reach up to 6 inches to do the job. Amazing and lots of fun.

6 comments:

d.r. gib said...

the tub crayons look like fun, and we will have to try the muffins.

Angie said...

The muffins sound yummy and where can I find a scent eraser? I hate smelling onions on my hands!

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

I think Frank bought the "Scent Eraser" at Bed Bath and Beyond. I'll have to ask him for sure.

The Mom said...

We have princesses in our tub. They keep us plenty entertained. Oh, I mean, they keep her entertained. ;)

Melissa said...

I am going to go look for a scent eraser - that's awesome! I went and bought a swivel sweeper after one of your blogs and love it (even though I saw it at Walmart a couple weeks later for $20 less than Bed, Bath, and Beyond)... The big bite - love mine, too. Have a funny story abt it, but will email it to you - hee hee

Tia said...

I've never heard of that scent eraser. I thought there was nothing that could take that smell off of my hands. I'm so excited to go out and get it! Thanks for the info!