Last night I could not sleep. I was thinking of all the days events and what went wrong. Yes, Sundays are not my favorite day of the week. I have tried many things to make them peaceful and easy going: listening to church music, no T.V., get in church clothes early in hopes the kids aren't running around crazy if they are in nice clothes, pack everything and find shoes the night before, many things that consistently haven't worked. Let me just say some Sunday mornings are nice, but yesterday was not one of them.
I also couldn't sleep because for some reason I kept thinking about our computer crashing and all the recently downloaded photos that aren't backed up and that had me worried (so first thing this morning I put them on our photo flashdrive).
Although, my lack of sleep was probably most likely caused by the couple of sips I had of a Coke Zero right after church. Yep, that's right, caffeine does not mix well with my body or my mind. Just a couple sips and I can't sleep. Oh yeah, plus Frank was "breathing very loudly" in his sleep (we won't call is snoring).
Anyway, I went downstairs cuddled up in a hoody (because our family room is freezing at night) and a blanket and put on one of my most favorite movies, "Pride and Prejudice". I love, love this movie. I have both versions and love both, but last night I chose the version with Collin Firth (the 5 hour version). After only watching for 2 hours I decided to go to bed at 1:00 am. I am completely exhausted today, but as I was watching last night I remembered why I love this movie. It's clean, it's a romance, no bad language, plus it's beautiful scenery (I think more so even in the newer version). There is just something about this show that I can watch over and over again. Also, on that list of movies to repeat any time is "While You Were Sleeping." Perhaps, I will have to try and finish my movie today (yeah right) or maybe in my own quiet time tonight when everyone is sleeping. I can't wait. What do you do when you can't sleep?
Monday, January 26, 2009
When You Can't Sleep
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I definitely have a list of movies I can watch over and over, and one of them is While you were sleeping. Whenever I can't sleep I always read. It usually works, but sometimes it does the opposite and then I'm sleepy but want to find out what happens in the book. Good luck with Sundays, when you find the trick, let me know!
I have never seen that movie, I guess I should. I love Sleepless too! When I can't sleep it is usually because I am thinking of things to do too, so I have to write them down so they are out of my mind and on paper.
I also sing primary songs to myself.
Sundays are hard. We were doing pretty good yesterday not watching tv and reading scriptures. Then Darin burnt his had on the the oven reheating pizza for lunch. That threw all my timing off and he was in too much pain to go to church. ugh! I wish we had 8 am church!!
How can anyone possibly stand the whining and annoying mother in that movie? It is beyond comprehension? I think I would rather watch reruns of old video tapes of boring Panguitch, Utah city committee meetings in black and white about the recent irrigation boundaries.
I tried to read "Pride and Prejudice" and couldn't get past chapter 5. The girls whining about finding a husband and how the mother was so poor they could only afford 1 servant. Ugh. I know a lot of women like it, so I am sorry if I offended you!
As far as the Sunday morning thing, just give it a few years. Honestly, that is the best advice I can give. They will grow up and settle down soon.
Jason is hilarious. He has strong feelings about that movie. I guess Tamara made him watch it once.
Anyway - as far as what I do when I can't sleep, I usually just lay there and feel sorry for myself! Ha ha. When I was working and had major sleep issues, I would get up and read something incredibly boring - like Jason's computer science textbooks. It put me right to sleep. :)
Oh - and I feel your pain about Sundays. Were you there at Keri's shower when your Uncle Brandt said he used to feel like he'd been through a war after church with his kids?? :) I guess the feeling when you have young kids is universal. (Do you like this insanely long comment??? :)
I take half of a unisom and read my scriptures - works like a charm w/in 20 minutes.
Post a Comment