Saturday, March 28, 2009

ONE YEAR OLD

Holy Cow! I can't believe it has been one year. I know we say it all the time, but it sure has gone by fast. Camberlyn, by far, has been my best baby.

Some highlights about her life:


*She is mellow with her emotions, but so animated with her actions.
*She crawls, squirms, and won't sit still, but has slept great since week 5 (with a few horrible nights here and there with the flu bug, a couple colds, teething, ear infections, etc.).

*She will finally walk against furniture, but has no desire to take off on her own. I try to walk with her on my fingers, but she thinks it's funny, takes a few steps and plops down.

*She has recently stopped taking bottles and will now drink milk in a sippy cup- it's only been two days, we'll see how long it lasts.

*She still takes a binky to sleep with; as soon as she's asleep it falls out and doesn't put it back in until the morning when she can actually find it and put it in.

*She is starting to get stranger anxiety- and cries when I leave the room, but I found if I don't come running back in she gets over it pretty quick.

*She will eat anything, I mean anything. For her b-day dinner she had pork chops and italian pasta salad (I know, not a fun kid b-day meal, but I took advantage of the fact she can't decide yet and she'll eat it).

*She only has two little teeth on the bottom.

*She sometimes gets cuddly and hugs us around the neck.

*She can sign "more".

*She loves to say, "Hi" and "Daddy". There was a point that she said "mom"- but I think she forgot how because she doesn't say it anymore.

*She waves bye with her hand turned in so she waves to herself.

Here she is on the morning of her b-day playing on my bed and playing with a bag of Life Saver Jellybeans that daddy brought home from his trip.

Now she is having fun on the rocking chair in her room.
She's taking her birthday nap.


Playing with her birthday balloons.



Opening presents with LOTS of help from her big brothers.

Alas, the best part: the cake. Again, since she couldn't tell me what kind she wanted I went for the Red Velvet Cake with cream cheese frosting and shaved white chocolate curls on top. Yummm!

10 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday, Camberlyn! That is amazing that she'll eat pork chops and she's adorable.

julie said...

Wow, I cannot believe that Camberlyn is a year old! She is such a cutie. Happy Birthday big girl!

Mindy said...

It seems like you just had her! She is so cute! Happy Birthday, Camberlyn!

Angie said...

What a fun post! She's so cute! I can't believe she is such a good eater at one! Count that as a blessing.

d.r. gib said...

What a doll!!! Her cake sounds delicious too! We should all take birthday naps.

Jessica said...

She is so cute! Happy birthday!

Tia said...

Happy Birthday Camberlyn! She's such a sweetheart!

Jon, Keri, Addison, and Brooklyn said...

She looks just like your baby pictures in some of these! WOW I never noticed that before! CUTE!! I am glad her birthday went good. YOu should send me the cake recipe!! Addi's birthday is coming up!

Jason said...

I agree with Keri. The last picture of her especially looks like you as a little girl Heidi.

Jen S. said...

She is such a cutie!!! Happy Birthday Camberlyn!!