Wednesday, May 27, 2009

More Vacation Fun


We love the beach. Camberlyn loved the undertoe and would get on all fours and just giggle as the water swept out from under her. She also just loved digging through it. Jackson was a little fish and would hardly get out of the waves for two seconds so we could reapply sunscreen. Gavin loved the waves but they were pretty strong so he had to hold our hands, but he was also perfectly content digging in the sand, playing with the balls, and being buried.

We saw a huge crab on our very first day there, it was probably the size of my head. We also saw tiny jellyfish washed up on the beach at night, and I actually think I got stung by a one- they were so small, but neverless I felt a sting and there was a read mark. On our second day there it wasn't perfectly calm like the first day, but it wasn't really choppy like the third day- I guess it was just the right environment for dolphins because we saw two of them swim right by where we were playing. It was incredible. Now I must admit, all I saw at first were fins sticking out of the water and I began to yell, "Shark" to everyone. Yeah a bit embarrassing, but incredible to see them nonetheless.




Last but not least, a picture of "Sleeping Beauty" on the beach.


9 comments:

The Mom said...

I love that picture of Camberlyn sitting on the sand looking up at you. She just looks so happy and content. Sounds like a fun vacation. I have never been to the beach, unless you count the rocky beach of the Salt Lake! LOL

Angie said...

Looks like so much fun! Glad everyone enjoyed the beach. Brooklyn is still talking about our trip to the beach.

Melissa said...

Gorgeous beach - where were you? Those are great pictures of your family. Pictures like that are awesome, they'll be able to take you back to that happy relaxing time for years to come. I love the beach and now I want to go to that one. No seaweed piles all over..or were there?

Tia said...

What a nice place for a little vacation! It's so fun to see your pics. I want to go there! Your scrapblog layout is so cute! I've never bought anything on there yet. Everything I've done so far has been free. But I might consider buying some of the cute stuff when I get into it more.

Jessica said...

Fun pics Heidi. Looks like a fun vacation . . . and you can't beat the nice warm weather and the beach. Sweet!

Mark and Kattie said...

I can't wait to take Will to the beach, hopefully someday soon. That looks so fun!

Kelly said...

Destin is like heaven because the water is so blue and the sand so white. I'm so glad you guys got to go there!

Mindy said...

looks like so much fun!

julie said...

It looks like a great beach. I love the clear water and white sand. I am glad you guys all had a great time. Camberlyn is such a cutie.