Ok I'm always on the hunt for yummy healthy snacks for the kids and have found a keeper. Allow me to share:
Peanut Butter Balls
Recipe #1
1 cup oats
1/2 cup Honey
1/2 cup Peanut Butter
1 Cup powdered milk
1/4 cup ground flax (optional)
chocolate chips (optional)
Mix Together and roll into balls
Recipe #2
1 cup honey
1 cup peanut butter
3 cups oats
1/2 cup ground flax seeds
any combination of chocolate chips, nuts, or dried fruit
Mix all ingredients together and roll into balls. Chill to prevent stickiness.
I made recipe one without the chocolate chips and me, Jackson, and Camberlyn love them. Gavin doesn't care for them and Frank probably won't try them because he doesn't like the taste of honey, but three out of five is pretty good huh?
They are so healthy, filling, jam packed with the good fat, lots of protein and calcium, and no sugar (unless you add the choc. chips and unless your P.B. has it in it).


2 comments:
Heidi
We started using a peanut butter made from canola oil. It's super high in omega fatty acids. I think I'll give this recipe a try with it!
Yummy, those look good! Where did you find the recipe? I'll have to try that one!
Post a Comment