PEOPLE DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO:
1- Walk in front of cars, without looking both ways, as they are exiting a grocery store
2- Drive the wrong way (against the bright yellow arrows) in a parking lot just to cut me off and zoom into a parking space that I was waiting for
3- Tell a complete stranger "You know maybe if you would ask nicely your son would obey better"
4- Be rude to me just because I want to use coupons at the register
5- Roll their eyes at me because I walk into the library with three kids, only assuming they're going to be loud, when I know they'll behave
6- Think we don't care about our yard because of the little Quaking Aspen tree chutes growing in the grass (those things don't ever die- and did you know the Aspen tree has the largest root system in the world, so how am I supposed to contain it in our tiny yard?)
7- Let their pets poop in my yard (yes this happened again since I posted about it, but I've learned of a safe solution that I just need to experiment with, so hopefully it helps)
8- Run in our neighborhood without shirts on (yes this happened, it was the track team and the guys weren't wearing any shirts and the girls only a bra- what do you think went through my 7 year old's brain when he saw the girls?)
9- Park their car in a school loading zone that clearly has "NO PARKING" signs
10- Judge me on movies I've seen in the past
11- Laugh at me when I'm trying all my darndest to swim laps and I end up coughing like I'm choking when I stop to take a breather; I also swam into the wall and the man still laughed (OK I probably would have laughed to had I seen someone swim into the wall- but it really hurt and I thought my head was bleeding)
12- Swear in front of my children
13- Smoke, then throw the cigarette butts in my yard
14- Post nasty pictures on their facebook page for the whole world to see
15- Take a normal word and make it into a porn site on the internet
OK this is enough for this blog post- many of these things happened just in the last little bit (it's been a tough two weeks)- I promise I'll post something more positive on my next entry.
Thursday, June 18, 2009
People's Rights
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Amen. I've had the same gripes! Sorry about your head! Hows the swimming going anyway? I'm doing the Share a Smile tri with you guys. I'm really doing well with the cycling and running, but I'm so nervous about the swim!
What is the experimental method to keep dogs from going on your lawn? Share.
Amen sister! I could probably add a few things to your list from my experiences the past week as well. :0) Hang in there with the swimming. I'm so excited for the tri. It will be here before we know it.
Wow, you have had a hard could of weeks! I would go crawl into bed. After I yelled at everyone! LOL
I can't believe #3! Did someone really say that to you? Of all the nerve! And what did you do about the animal poop?
I sure hope I didn't do any of those things to you!
I'm sorry it's been so stressful lately! I hate that we are subject to others choices and the effects it has on our families. Good luck and congrats on standing up for yourself, I need to learn how to do that better!
The swearing in public thing REALLY gets to me, especially now that I have a child. Not that she can understand, but still. I keep telling myself that next time it happens, I'm going to say something, but I'm such a chicken!!! I like this list. People are so dumb sometimes.
I agree with everything! Also, throwing cigarette buts on the ground anywhere! That is littering! I am sorry that a lad said that to you. she probably has never had kids.
Post a Comment