Saturday, November 21, 2009

Bread

I am a carb lover and I've tried those diets when you have to cut carbs (ALL CARBS COMPLETELY) for a brief "phase" and then slowly reintroduce them- only in moderation. Well I love my carbs and breads way too much and I am so thankful for them. It's not healthy to go without carbs. It says so in the Word of Wisdom. If we want to follow the prophet we have to understand that grains and breads are the foundation of life. (That is my excuse for never giving them up all the way and I'm sticking to it) Although, I'm not thankful when my pants don't button up because I had a bad day and therefore a rough battle with any junk food that was in my way.
Last night I made homemade bread. Is there any smell better than fresh baked bread out of the oven? I don't think so. I am truly grateful for that wonderful aroma.

2 comments:

The Mom said...

Your recipe is very similar to mine...no eggs or milk. So easy to keep the ingredients in food storage!

Jessica said...

I cannot pass up on the rolls. Okay, I can if the doctor threatens me regarding my unborn baby. Otherwise, bring on the bread!