I am so thankful for Christmas things. Everything Christmas- lights, the tree, the decorations that are sentimental, my very random but special ornaments, the music, movies, the smells, and the food. Many of my decorations were given to me as gifts and they almost all have sentimental value.
Starting in October of every year Frank and I would start shopping for an ornament. We would each buy one every Oct., Nov., and Dec. because of this our ornaments are very random but there is significance to each and every one. When the kids came around we started doing one a year because our small tree was starting to get overloaded. The boys always have a specific reason for choosing theirs as well. Our ornaments range from a Santa bullet, a basketball playing moose, a golf ball with a Santa hat, a Liahona ornament, a Sept. 11th Memorial ornament and ornaments from Hawaii, Ireland, and Paris- just to name a few.
I am so thankful that decorating the tree is a holiday tradition that my kids get excited about- to them this is what officially marks the beginning of the Season.
Our random ornament tree with colored lights, which I love.
My hanging snowmen that I got from a friend before I went to college. I guess she figured I wouldn't have any decorations for Christmas and she was right, I didn't.
My grandma was a collector of Nutcrackers and she gave each of us one.
The Santa gazebo in our Christmas village. Each year we also buy one piece to the village. It was a sad little Village when we first got married with only 2 pieces, but now it's really growing into quite the centerpiece on top of our piano.

1 comment:
We have a random decorated tree too and we love it! It's what we are use to since we both had random trees growing up. The coordinated trees look great, but they aren't for me. :)
I can't believe you already have your tree up. I'm not too excited about doing it too early this year with a little one around to destroy it.
Post a Comment