Saturday, November 28, 2009

My Kids

With only three days left for my "thankful" posts I decided to leave the best for last. Today I am thankful for my wonderful children. Like all kids they have their bad days, their ornery days, and days filled with "no's" and "I don't want too". But my kids give my life purpose. They are truly what we live for. Frank can take care of himself, I can take care of myself, but the kids actually "need" us to survive. It's a huge responsibility that is not easy, but so very much worth it. Christmas and Halloween are so exciting with the kids around. Playing games, going to eat at restaurants, shopping are always an adventure with the kids around.

I am so thankful that Jackson is growing into a responsible and caring brother. Today he thought Camberlyn needed a nap (although it was only 9:00 in the morning) so he put her in her crib and hopped in with her. I peeked at them and he was lying down next to her singing her a song. There was no way she was going to go to sleep, but I applaud his effort anyway.
Jackson holding his new cousin, Brooklyn, while other cousin Addison is wondering what's going on.

I am so thankful that Gavin is starting to realize his emotions can be controlled and he's really trying hard to do so. When he is on the verge of getting upset and we are trying to rationalize and talk him out of a full-blown tantrum it makes me so happy when calmly he'll say, behind choked back tears, "ok that is fine" or he'll agree with whatever we're trying to do. He is growing up. Today he surprised me again by cleaning up his room all by himself.
Gavin holding his new cousin, Brooklyn.

I am so thankful for Camberlyn's sweet laughter and singing. She loves singing. She sings "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and the "Sunbeam" song. Now granted, we don't know all the words she is saying, but we can pick out a few and she knows the tunes. She is so curious and into everything, but I love her enthusiasm.
Camberlyn hugging cousin, Addison, good-bye.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

That's so sweet that Camberlyn sings. I need to sing more to Meredith. I like what you wrote about Gavin. What a sweet boy.