Thursday, November 5, 2009

Off- Track

This one is a gimmee. After the horrible night we had last night I am so thankful my kids are off-track and we didn't have to worry about getting up and off to school on time. I was able to sleep in a bit and the older kids went down and watched TV.
Camberlyn decided she needed to wake-up at 5:00 am (or it might have been sooner- we just started to hear screams at 5:00). She decided she was up and wanted to get out and play. Ummm...no. Didn't she see it was still dark outside?
I realized I was too out of it when I started to rationalize with her about how the sun is not up so it's not time to play. I also told her if mom and dad were up too much longer we would be grouchy in the morning and she wouldn't have very much fun with us. I also wanted to mention the time-out chair if she didn't obey. See, I told you I was really out of it. What 19 month old is going to understand those explanations?
Really I just wanted to SCREAM! I don't know what time it was before she finally went back to sleep, but at least she did.

4 comments:

Potter Family said...

I have had nights like those. Sorry, for you. Hopefully she will take a nap later and you can get one too. Wish I were there to take the others for you!

Angie said...

What happened last night? Hope all is ok now and that you're having a good day. :)

Tia said...

Nights (or mornings) like these just stink! I hope you've recovered. :)

AMANDAM said...

I do that all the time. I find myself over-explaining things to kids who clearly don't understand. I hope you finally got some rest.