Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Good Deals

Today at Wal-Mart I scored big time. You know how, periodically, they have those clearance shelves in the middle of the big aisles? Well... I just happen to be passing by this morning when I saw:

24 oz. Jars of Organic Sugar-Free Musselman Applesauce .50 a jar. That is cheaper than canned applesauce, plus they are bigger. Yes, I bought a lot.

Boxes of store brand Bisquick mix (which I don't usually use but I need to stock up because on my 3 month food storage menu I need it to make chicken pot pies, dumplings, and pancakes) .75 for a regular sized box- yep bought a lot too.

Boxes of Jiffy Cake Mix- White and Lemon- .25 a box (I'm totally thinking food storage on this one)- Ummm... probably went overboard.

They also had huge gum packs (with multiple packages in them) for $1.00 (totally thinking stocking stuffers)

They also had other things which I didn't buy but they were still a good deal.

I'm so happy. Yes, it's weird that the little things make me happy. Oh yeah and none of these things even expired until atleast June of 2010.

3 comments:

Angie said...

And you didn't share where you were?

Scoring deals are great!

d.r. gib said...

Rock on! I would love a copy of your 3 month food storage menu, what a great idea!

Jessica said...

Wow Heidi, that is awesome!!!! That would make me excited too.