1- I am so tired. All the time I'm tired. Is anyone else like this? And because of this I sometimes feel like a lazy SAHM (Stay At-Home Mom). I had a friend post on Facebook about feeling guilty as a SAHM sometimes and this happens to me all the time. I look at what everyone else is doing and getting accomplished and I barely manage to keep the house clean and dishes out of the sink. If I get an extra project done I am so proud of myself, but extra projects rarely happen. However, the kids are always fed and they usually don't look like little rag-muffins running around.
2- I get so excited to decorate for Christmas and I love it, but it seems this year I feel like now that it's been up for a couple of weeks my house is all cluttered with Christmas stuff. Shelves that once were always straight and clean now have little nick-nacks on them. My kitchen counters that once were clear of any clutter now have blocks and other stuff on them. I love my decorations but I think it feels a little messy now.
3- I sometimes feel like I am being irresponsible when I leave the kids to go on a vacation with just Frank and I. It is always much needed time and it completely strengthens our marriage; I honestly think it is good for couples to go away every now and then, plus I always appreciate my children much more when I get back. Frank and I recently scheduled a trip for us in March and boy did we get the tears from Jackson. He made me feel terrible. Hopefully, we can convince him that it is ok by then.
4- At SEP Conferences (Parent Teacher Conferences) Jackson's teacher tells me how fluent he is in reading, how he is one of the top readers and has wonderful comprehension. Well so when it's time to set goals to work on in the next quarter she can't think of anything and Jackson isn't saying anything so she just blurts out that his goal will be to read an hour every day. WHAT?! I'm all for reading and he reads 30 min. every day, but if she couldn't think of anything just don't make up something like that for a 7 year old to do. Seriously, after 30 min. he is asking every 5 minutes if his time is up. He loves to read and when he has a good book his nose is glued, but not for an hour at a time EVERY SINGLE day.
5- I'm paranoid that every single crack, creak, or noise in the house is a mouse. Frank thought he saw a mouse a while ago, I didn't know if I really believed him, because let's face it, it's Frank. He's very dillusional in the night time, so why not the day as well. Then Frank and I heard squeaking one night and I made him buy 6 mouse traps. They are all still empty and there hasn't been a sign since of a mouse, I'm just being completely neurotic.
6- I have yet to see "New Moon". I am seeing it tomorrow and I'm excited. I just can't believe I've waited this long to see it.
7- I'm too addicted to the computer. I think if it was out of our room then it wouldn't be so bad. I am constantly doing work on it, perusing the internet, or emailing. I NEED TO STOP it's consuming way too much of my time.
8- Why is it so hard to go to the Dry Cleaners? This is definitely something I'm horrible at. I've had a couple of Frank's suits hanging on our bedroom door for at least a week and I forget every single day.
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Things and Such
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I have the same issue with the Dry Cleaners. For me, it's just not convenient. I mean you have to take them there, and then come back in a few days. Annoying!
I also had a lot of other "amen" things to say to this post, but now that I'm on this comment page, I just can't remember.
I'm with you on the dry cleaning too. I can never seem to do it. I did once when we lived in Utah (once) and the stuff stayed at the dry cleaners for a month. They had to call and tell me they would be giving it to goodwill if I didn't pick it up. I was there the next day.
I know how the computer can consume our lives. I try to limit my time on it but sometimes I am downright bored and I go to the computer to entertain me. Some days are better than others though.
I think you have been reading my mind, with everything including the mouse. I think I can relate to how you are feeling, hang in there. c
I think guilt is a universal feeling among SAHMs and any other mother. Getting things done is often completely dependent on age, behavior and temperament of the children. Dry cleaning equals the planets aligning for 2 trips out of the house.
I am on the computer a lot myself. In the olden days we would send letters or go to parties to keep in touch with others. Blogging has filled the hole where my lack of journal writing and scrapbooking was. I think that as long as the family and the house don't suffer it is okay.
Okay, I have something to say about #1. Well, obviously I do or I wouldn't be commenting. Anyway, I digress.
I used to feel the same way. I could barely keep the kids fed and the house clean. But remember, being a mom is a 24/7 job. You don't get nights or weekends off. Even when you go on vacation, you are thinking about the kids and how they are doing. You deserve to be tired.
But someday, they are going to grow up and be gone to school and play practice and work and out with friends and you will have time on your hands to do things, and you will miss having them around. You will be glad they are growing, but sad that they don't need you anymore. A quiet house can be both a blessing and a curse.
Just try to relax and enjoy it now. My mom tried to tell me that, and I didn't listen. I wish I could turn back time sometimes.
Post a Comment