Thursday, February 11, 2010

Bathroom Project

Old, silver hand towel holder.
Towel holder spray-painted black.
Old wood cabinets.
Cabinets painted black.
Old, silver toilet paper holder.
Toilet paper holder painted black.
Old, silver vanity lights.
Painted black lights.
The whole outdated bathroom- notice the flooring.
Ahhh, nice new adhesive vinyl tiles.
I decided to get rid of the towel rack and do hooks instead (they came silver and I spray-painted them).
Oh yeah, plus I painted the one wall with the towels a light sage green and all the rest of the walls an off-white color called Dogwood Blossom.

12 comments:

Kelly said...

Cool! Is it just regular spray paint, or something else? I'm impressed!!!

The Mom said...

Awesome! I love how paint can transform a room. Great job!

Kristen said...

I am so impressed! It looks so good!!! I love how the vanity turned out. That could very well be the solution for my house as well.

Angie said...

So cute! You know need to provide the information on how you did this. What did you use? Where did you buy it? Did you have to take everything off the wall or just paint it while it's still attached? Great job!

Mark and Kattie said...

It turned out wonderful, what a project! I think I will have to take some of your ideas and use them in our bathroom. Awesome!

Tia said...

That looks SO awesome! I can't believe how one color can make such a huge difference! I need to know exactly what you used. I want to do that to my bathroom!

Mindy said...

Looks fabulous, Heidi! Way to go! I love it!

julie said...

Heidi, it looks so good! You've done such a great job! I agree with everyone else, that you need to do another post on each step, exactly what paint (brand, price), ect. Did you have to prime first for the cabinets, or did you just spray? I want to paint an old entertainment center black. Thanks for the help!

Melissa said...

I've been wanting to paint my bathroom cabinets black for a while after seeing a friend's upgrade. Love it! I would have ended up painting w/ a paintbrush...now I have no excuse.

d.r. gib said...

it looks amazing! I am sure you had kids to take care of through all of this as well. You are superwoman!

Potter Family said...

That is so cool. Great job.

Jessica said...

You amaze me. You are truly a Jill of all trades.