Saturday, May 22, 2010

Baseball Days

I am a big fan of organized sports. I think there are so many great reasons to have children participate in them- only if they want to of course. You must understand Gavin's personality. He gets embarrassed really easy and it takes him some time to warm up to new teachers and friends who are really strangers at first. So everytime he wants to play a sport Frank and I both have to prep him about being with a new coach and getting to know the kids who will become friends. And we both know if any attention is drawn to him and he doesn't like it (whether it's postive or negative attention) he gets embarrassed and will shut down and not want to play. However, through him playing sports he has learned to get out of his comfort zone, try new things, get the spotlight on just him and not be compared to any one else (and he does love that), and to have fun. So here are a few pictures of his first year playing Baseball.




5 comments:

Mindy said...

So so cute!

The Mom said...

I thought he was just a little shy. He totally participated today in Primary and smiled and didn't get embarassed! I was so proud!

Lindsay said...

I love it! Go Gavin!

Melissa said...

Those are adorable pictures! There's nothing better than tiny kids in big batting helmets - it's amazing how being part of a team can bring out even the shyest of kids.

Angie said...

Way to go Gavin! Those are super cute pictures!