Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Blue Lemon

Have you heard of Blue Lemon? Well, it is a restaurant- one in Highland and one in Salt Lake that just opened. I have had a desire lately to visit new, local, and/or specialty restaurants. Sure the chains are fine and we all have our favorite dishes, but my dream would be to find those secret little places that will become our new weekend favorites. I'm on a mission to find them. If you have any local favorites don't be afraid to comment or send me an email.

Anyway, back to Blue Lemon. Here is what their website says:
"pure clean food, with a twist. Their menu is full of delicious, guilt-free options, including plenty of selections for vegetarians and those with health issues. Head Chef Todd Leonard skillfully leads the team in its mission to feature foods that optimize the body in a healthy way, without sacrificing taste. This means that Blue Lemon's food is made purely from natural (mostly local) ingredients and is never fried or microwaved. Refreshing ambiance and an irresitable menu provides all with an energizing and satisfying dining experience."

The food comes out of the kitchen looking fabulous and it is so tasty. With all the organic goodness I definitely will go again. The setting is also a modern/posh feel- something maybe that should be in New York. I don't know, it was just fun.

This is what we started with: Spinach Artichoke Dip



Then Sweet Potato Fries (so crispy on the outside, soft in the middle, but not fried) with signature dipping sauce

The main event: Turkey Avocado Sandwich- see the real turkey pieces and not just deli meat, plus it had a light pesto sauce.
I am yearning for this meal again. Do I dare try something else, or stick with something I fell in love with? That is the ultimate question!

8 comments:

Angie said...

Oh yum! That looks delicious. Now my next question is how much did it cost?

Frank, Heidi and Family said...

Angie, the sandwich was 8.50 and if I added the sides with an entree they were 2.00 extra. So yes, more then I would normally spend on a sandwich, but it was still so good all the same.

Amy said...

When I go up to have lunch with Brad, he takes me to this place called Moochies. It is so yummy. They have a Philly Steak sandwich that is to die for! Brad always gets the atomic meatball. This is one of Mark Potter's favorite place to go. He introduced Brad to this place.

Kelly said...

You should go yo Bienvenuti in Cottonwood Heights. It's in the Reams shopping center off of Ft. Union Blvd. and 2300 East. They are only open for lunch. If you like pizza, you should go to Rusted Sun on State Street and 2100South. I want to try Blue Lemon!!

Tia said...

Holy cow, that looks delicious!

Mindy said...

This is our favorite!! I've been meaning to blog about it, but you beat me to the punch!! I love everything about it, the decor inside is fun too! everything we've tried there is so great!

Jessica said...

Wow! Sounds delish! Maybe I'll make it there to try one day.

Unknown said...

You just let me know when you're ready to meet up at Blue Lemon again! Love ya girlfriend!