Thursday, June 10, 2010

I'm in a funk

This week has been weird. Some things have gone wrong in the house, but nothing earth-shattering that haven't already been fixed. I didn't go to Zumba, Frank and I didn't run at all, I didn't go to the neighborhood play group, I haven't read a book in weeks, what is going on? What have I done? Cleaning, laundry, and some play time at the park. That's about it. I feel constantly busy, but I have nothing to show for it.
I am so grateful to a dear friend who took time out of her busy schedule and time away from her family to bring over a huge bowl of marshmallow popcorn. She stayed late and kept me company while Frank was at work doing inventory. Maybe that was just what I needed to bump me out of this funk: sugary snacks and talking.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I swear that funk is called "It's June and my kids should be out of school and they are not"! I'm there with you! Sugary snacks always help. You'll be out of your funk soon. Emotionally charged weeks like you've had are more draining than anything else. Hang in there!

d.r. gib said...

I am glad we got to play at the park with you! There is a great article in the June Ensign called "Don't Be In A Hurry" It has given me a new perspective this week, check it out. It sounds like you have been feeling the same way as me!

Melissa said...

I'm sorry! I know the feeling, though. I've had nothing to blog about, nothing to care about, and definitely no marshmallow popcorn. Call me next time you're in one, because it's probably going around.