I have really bad allergies. My Claritin-D hasn't been working the full 24 hours so I haven't been sleeping good at all. On Wed. I decided to make it through the day with nothing, then as soon as I could at night I would take 2 Benadryl and knock out for the rest of the night. Well... it just so happened it was the night of our Raingutter Regatta Pack Meeting.
Frank came into the room to go to bed at about 1:00 am. I was already asleep. But here is the conversation that happened between him and I while I was sleeping.
Frank enters room.
Heidi sits up quickly.
Heidi: "I missed the race"
Frank: "What?"
Heidi: "I didn't get there in time, I missed the race"
Frank comes over to try and calm me down and says, "You're dreaming".
Heidi: "No, I'm not, the race is over, I was asleep!"
Frank: "No, you're dreaming just go back to bed"
Heidi (really mad): "Uh! What day is it?"
Frank (trying to trick me): "It's Tuesday"
Heidi: "No, it's Wednesday"
Frank: "No it's actually Thursday"
Heidi: "Ok, so it's early Thursday"
After much arguing about the race and the day of the week I finally laid back down.
About 15 min. later I sat up again and clapped my hands a couple of times. Frank asks, "What are you doing?"
Heidi: "I'm trying to get Jackson's attention, he's not listening to me."
Needless to say, all the things that I thought went wrong with pack meeting mixed with a heavy dose of Benadryl does not equal a sound night of sleep.

5 comments:
What a night! I hope your regular meds start working again soon.
Heidi, pack meeting was awesome! You did a great job. Sorry you've been having so many problems with allergies.
You need to get a nasal spray if the allergies are that bad. I have to take my Flonase (I use the generic) from spring until late fall. Fall is especially bad for me. I usually end up taking the Flonase and Clariton D and just pray for the frost to come!
Just when I thought you were the normal one in the family! ;) Thanks for the laugh! What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall in your house some nights. You do awesome with pack meetings. I have had awful allergies lately too. Hope things improve soon!
Was Frank loving it??
Sorry about the allergies. Jason's been dying too. Benadryl snows him as well...you guys have a lot in common.
Post a Comment