Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Star Valley

Before we went with some friends to Star Valley, Wyoming, my only experience in Wyoming was flat, sage brush-filled, dusty desert (no offense but I went on Trek last year and that is what it was). I had no idea parts of it were so green and luscious. We went over Memorial Day weekend and it was cold and cloudy, but we had a great time.
We slept in a camper, but the adults and younger kids spent most of our time in a barn that is being remodeled as a cabin. It already has bathrooms, kitchen, etc. It is a huge project, but it's really quite the awesome hang out. In the loft there is this cool swing that hangs from the rafters. Although, completely dangerous because kids keep getting in each other's way, my kids sure had fun on it.

While the big kids played outside and up in the loft Camberlyn took over this chair and just relaxed.
Here are the boys roasting *I mean burning* marshmallows. They loved the huge, raised fire pit behind the barn. What child doesn't like to play with fire?

The kids had a blast just exploring, climbing, making forts and just being outside.
While the adult men went rock repelling the moms took the kids on a little hike. It went along this ledge where you could see down into the valley where our cars and the barn were. It was pretty.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Looks like fun! I especially love the swing in the loft.

Angie said...

Looks like you had a great time! Yeah for the chance to get away!

Melissa said...

Fun! Wyoming is gorgeous, the scenery along I-80 is designated to keep the whole state a well kept secret.

Tia said...

Yay for Wyoming! I have more pics for you if you want them. And the boating ones! I need to get them on a disc for you!

The Mom said...

I want a swing in my house! I think it would be so much fun!