Jackson's school has a reading program (like most Elementary Schools). If he reads at least 20 min. a day and logs it on a calendar for the whole school year then he gets a medallion and certificate at the end of the year. Not to mention the many monthly goodies as well that include: certificates for free kids meals at various locations, crayons, notebooks, pens, seeds, little toys, candy, etc. It is a great incentive program, plus I contribute Jackson's love for books and great reading skills to this daily habit. About 1/3 of the way into 2nd grade Jackson's teacher challenged him to do 45 min. a day and he did it pretty well. Sometimes we broke the time up, but he was really good about it. Here he is getting his medallion with some classmates.


Here is Camberlyn with her darling curls- again I can't resist the pictures- and her favorite red sparkly shoes. In fact, she's worn these shoes so much the glitter is starting to flake off.


A few weeks ago Camberlyn decided to venture out on her own and climb out of her crib. I was not ready for this. I wanted her in it as long as possible. But once she did this a couple of days in a row I knew it was over. I quickly took down her crib and borrowed my friend's little toddler bed for a temporary solution. She has no problem falling a sleep for the night in it, but most days she refuses to stay in it for naps. I do make her stay in her room, even if she isn't sleeping, for at least an hour so she can get her quiet, peaceful time. She looks so tiny in this bed.



4 comments:
What adorable pictures of Camberlyn. And 45 minutes of reading?! Go Jackson!
Oh no, goodbye crib. That is such a hard adjustment for mom. Hope it goes well!
I can't believe she's out of a crib. It scares me. I want Abby to stay in her crib for a loooooong time still.
LOVE the curls!
Post a Comment