Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sleeping

It all started last Tuesday night I believe. I went to bed as usual and soon I could here Frank's deep breathing, which meant he was completely out. I laid there and tossed and turned. I kept thinking of all the things I wanted to do, all the things I had to do, and a bunch of other things that I shouldn't even care about. I slowly watched the clock tick away the hours. Then finally I thought I should maybe go watch TV to clear my mind. I started flipping only stopping here and there to see what was on. Pretty soon it was 5:30 in the morning when I finally felt relaxed enough to sleep. 6:00 I was up with Camberlyn. The next I was very busy in the day to sit and think about how tired I should be. That night couldn't relax and feel tired until about 3:30. The next night I tried reading to get me relaxed and I actually got tied up in the book and didn't go to sleep until about 3:00. Holy cow. I talked to a few friends who suggested I take some sort of sleeping pill. I used to take half a Unisom every now and then when I was pregnant to help me sleep through the sickness that I had each night. I LOVED the stuff. I did however wake-up in the mornings really groggy. That's what the pills do to me. I feel like a zombie in the morning and don't get anything productive done.

Last night we came home from a night out and were in bed by about 10:30. I don't remember waking-up again until 7:30 to get ready for church. Yeah! Maybe all the lack of sleep caught up to me and my body can finally get back to its schedule of wanting and loving sleep.
Does anyone know of any tricks that help with insomnia?


5 comments:

Melissa said...

Insomnia sucks. Wish I had some tips, but I got nada. Lately my mind just won't shut off and I end up just laying there for what seems like forever. Drives me crazy!

Kelly said...

I'm so glad you got some rest finally! I was worried about you.

The Mom said...

I have never had a problem with that. I am glad you got some sleep finally!

Lindsay said...

I had major insomnia when I was working nights down in Provo. We got a new bed which helped (the one we had was easily 20 years old).
Unisom, benadryl, Tylenol PM all help - though they can make you feel pretty groggy in the morning.

I think there's a lot to be said for a relaxing routine and a good, comfortable bed.

Also - if you ever have a night like that again, where you haven't slept at ALL, please call me. I would be more than happy to come over and help you out. I know what that kind of sleep loss can do to me.
Good luck! Glad you did better last night!

Tia said...

I'm glad you got more sleep Saturday night. Like I mentioned, I always sleep better when I beat the crap out of myself with a great workout. ;)