The only Halloween craft I did with the kids this year were these edible, shrunken heads. I got the idea from my SIL's blog Eyeball in My Garden. All you do is cut apples in half, core them, then on the outside carve little faces. Each of the kids did their own. Then you rub melted butter (2 tbsp) mixed with brown sugar (1/4 cup), cinnamon, and a little nutmeg. Cover and bake at 400 for 30-35 min. I baked ours on a bed of instant oats and all the melted sugar and juices formed a crispy little granola-like topping that I put on baked pears the next day. The boys loved eating their heads plus they were warm and tasty.
My mom found some really cute Halloween foods and gave each of her kids a little Halloween package. My kids, who love all things Halloween, gobbled them up and had a fun time doing it.
Ghost Marshmallows
Ghost Tortilla Chips
Bat Tortilla Chips
Pumpkin Tortilla Chips
Halloween shaped noodles: spider, pumpkin, and bat

3 comments:
Those are so cute! I will definitely do them next year! Where did she find those chips?
Really cute idea!!
That's awesome - wish I saw this before Halloween :)
Post a Comment