Sunday, November 14, 2010

Happy Birthday Little Man

Gavin turned 6 this week.  I just can't believe it.  It really does seem like yesterday that we brought him home from the hospital.  He was quite the momma's boy when he was an infant. He could seriously sense when I was  gone and would just cry and cry.  It was miserable that year to get away and do any Christmas shopping for Frank or anyone else for that matter because he wouldn't take a bottle.  But look at him now.  A spitting image of Frank and LOVES his daddy.
He chose to go see the movie "Megamind" and then wrap up the evening with dinner at McDonald's.  I seriously don't know why my kids love that place.  We were mentioning places like Jungle Gyms, The Mayan, Hollywood Connection, but no, movie and McDonalds is what he wanted. I must deprive my kids by not going there enough.  I really don't like the place. 
Being goofy at the restaurant.
This is just after he blew out the candles. I always want to know what they wish for, but I can't ever ask or it won't come true.
It's a Curious George cake- he really wanted a Star Wars, but I didn't think that far ahead to make it or order it so we found this one and he was satisfied.
His b-day presents consisted of a Nerf Gun, a Ninja costume, and other fun things. Here he is showing off his battle gear.  This lead to a massive Nerf fight with Dad, Jackson, and Camberlyn as the secret accomplice on Dad's side.  The younger boys won!

8 comments:

The Mom said...

Happy Birthday Gavin! They are all growing up so fast!

Tia said...

Happy Birthday to Gavin! What a perfect day for a 6 year old. :)

Mindy said...

Happy Birthday to Gavin! He's so cute, and I can't believe he's growing up so fast, he wss just a baby when you moved in, and since we've been gone for almost 3 years all of the kids from the neighborhood are just frozen in my mind at the age they where when we left. Looks like a fun birthday!

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday Gavin!

Angie said...

Happy Birthday Gavin. It sounds like he had a perfect day! Good job, mom.

Melissa said...

Cute. Happy birthday to Gavin! BTW - I have always told my kids that telling their bday wish didn't mean it wouldn't come true - it's a myth. Who else can help them come true? Your parents! They're convinced.

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Gavin!! I remember him in my nursery class. He was so much fun to have.

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday Gavin! We went and saw MegaMind last weekend. Did you like it? Jeremy couldn't stop laughing. :)