It's a good thing that my New Years Resolution was not blogging more, because I would have already failed. I can't believe I have let it go so long.
Just to post an update on things that have been going on-
Potty Training. Need I say more. You would think after two kids already out of diapers I would feel comfortable just jumping in and starting, but I wasn't. I still needed the motivation and encouragement to even know how to start. I've blogged about it before, but I LOVE this book.
It worked so well with Jackson, he really got the concept and was doing it in one day with no pull-ups and no accidents at night. Of course, he still had his few accidents during the day every-now-and-then. Gavin was too stubborn to grasp onto this way of doing it (which it does advise you about in the book and it says you'll probably just have to wait) which we did and Gavin just told us one day he was ready. Camberlyn is pretty stubborn as well so I had my doubts. We tried it and she's been great as well. Of course, there were two accidents at church last Sunday because of a miscommunication in Nursery and has had a few others. But they are far and few between. Her bed has stayed dry and still no pull-ups. Even if you don't like the method or don't want to try it there are still skills that you learn on how to stay calm and patient during the process and there are "readiness" tests to see if your child is able to. It's a great learning device.
Off Track. The kids have been out of school and therefore we've been trying to do something "fun" everyday. This really has just been going to the library one day, playing basketball at the church two days in a row, and playing with friends, but it's great to be able to have a break.
Painting. I've been wanting to paint so many things for so long and since I can't tackle any painting outside because of the weather we started on the inside this weekend. We did an accent wall in the kitchen and family room and painted the other walls in the kitchen and hope to paint the family room this upcoming week. It's so time consuming and messy. Even if the paint isn't a mess the kids are making messes in the other rooms while you are painting. I wish I had the money to hire it out. I like the color but my walls are still bear and I don't know what to do with them.
Church calling change. I've been released from Cub Master and put in the R.S. Presidency over the activities so I've been planning and trying to organize some things to do with that. It's kind of crazy that I'm doing exactly what I was doing before I got put in Scouts- that is until we get an activity coordinator.
Books. I've been trying to read more. I finished the book "Shiver" by Maggie Stiefvater. If I hadn't read Twilight I would have loved it. I liked it alot, but it was a very similar plot, but it was written much better. I still recommend it. I also read, "Matched" by Ally Condie. It is intriguing and even though it leaves you hanging I am so excited to read the sequel in November. Hopefully, this book will make for a good discussion at book group. I'm currently reading "The Happiness Project" by Gretchen Rubin. It's a "self-help" book in the loosest form. It is filled with wonderful tidbits of information to improve our lives and look for the Happiness in it. I think this is a MUST READ for everyone.
Las Vegas. Frank and I went on a little weekend getaway with our friends, the Chapman's, to Las Vegas. It was fun to get away and have a road trip. We saw the Cirque du Soleil show, "Ka." It was amazing. I can not believe what these shows do with special effects and amazing talented people. I was on edge and my palms were sweaty the entire time. Well worth the money. We also saw the Hoover Dam, which I haven't seen since I was little. We saw the new additional bridge they built above it. It was incredible and I really couldn't even walk across the new part all the way without getting nervous. Of course the men were goofy and silly the entire time and kept us laughing and the whole trip made me so tired it took a couple of days to recover.


1 comment:
No wonder you haven't been blogging too much, you've been busy! Sounds like you've had lots of fun and are keeping your days full and exciting. Congrats again on your calling. Glad to hear you will be calling an activity coordinator. That's too much to do alone.
Post a Comment