We started out when the children were younger to teach them not to shoot people- you know when they are playing with pretend weapons, little guns, etc. This logic, I thought was good, because who wants their children learning to aim at a person. However, as they got older, it was very hard to encourage this thinking when there are: water gun fights, lazer tag, dart tag, and of course Nerf Gun wars. All of these fun things encourage pointing, shooting, and aiming at a human target.
We had to change our thinking and instead of discouraging the play, maybe just the wording. We try not to say, "I'm going to kill you", but just simply, "I'm going to get you." Now in the heat of a battle sometimes it's hard not to yell out, "I got you, you're dead."
I know this because recently we reserved the gym at the church and had a Nerf gun war with my brother and sister-in-law. It was a blast. We set up obstacles, teams, bases, and missions. The only pictures however, were from a phone. Here are a few. If you ever need something fun to do on a rainy day, may I suggest this activity.
It's pretty rare that there are so many pictures of me. My sister-in-law was the one that took the pictures, thanks Emily!

7 comments:
AWESOME! That looks like a blast. You guys are the coolest parents.
That looks like a lot of fun!!
Wow, that looks really cool!
Awesome!! I sooo want to set this up for my young women!
How fun!
What a fabulous idea! You are such a fun family!
what fun parents you are! and p.s. since I haven't seen you forever, your hair is so long and pretty!
Post a Comment