Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Another Summer Gone...

..and school has started.  (although we still enjoy the summer weather on the weekends)

 Jackson is in 4th grade with Mr. Hall and Gavin is in 1st grade with Mrs. Stenberg.  Both fabulous teachers.  Jackson's 4th grade class has a class set of iPod touches for each student and an iPad for the students to share (thanks to a grant that Mr. Hall applied for last year).  Boy the things the kids get now-a-days.  I remember I had to buy an $85.00 calculator for my trigonometry class in 10th grade and that was one of the most expensive school tools you could buy at the time.  Now the kids are "playing" with $200.00 iPod's.  I know it will just be a few years before they are required to have their own laptops to bring to school with them.  Anyway... here are the cuties handsome young men.





We had some issues getting up and moving on the 2nd day of school (the sleep deprivation finally caught up to them) but I quickly reminded them of their father's blessing and that seemed to do the trick.  They both got ready and made it in time.  No problems since.  Hopefully, the enthusiasm lasts.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

I am shocked about the ipods! Remember the old Apple 2Es we used in elementary with the green screens??
Happy school year to you guys! :) Hopefully we can still find time here and there to get together.

Mark and Kattie said...

That summer flew by :) They are getting so old!

Angie said...

Wow! Ipods!?! Your boys are looking so big. Crazy that school has already started.

Amy said...

Very handsome boys! Sarah talked a lot about the ipod things. She loved it and Mr. Hall.

Mindy said...

I'm way behind on blogs... but had to tell you that Mr. Hall is my friend Marci from High School's husband!!! I hope Jackson loves his class!