Saturday, November 12, 2011

Friends and more...

I am thankful for friends.  Friends who indulge us with our wild whims for Frank to buy a pay-per-view boxing fight.  Yes, he has very fond memories of watching boxing matches with his dad, who am I to interfere with great memories?  But I am thankful for the friends that came over so spontaneously to watch with him so I didn't have to.

Since I missed yesterday with my post (darn, I was doing so well)- I am so thankful for the service men and women in our country who sacrifice so much to fight for our freedoms.  Both of my grandpa's served in the military.  My grandpa, who is still alive, is a WWII veteran and has amazing stories of his experiences in the war.  His plane was shot down over Germany and he had to very carefully cross over the border into "safe" land (none of it was really safe, but safer).  He did incredible things.  I have had several uncles serve and cousins and a brother-in-law who currently do have to leave their families so I can enjoy my freedoms.  THANK YOU!

I am thankful for my appliances.  As I was doing laundry this week I was thinking that my washer and dryer are about 12 years old.  I know that is a long time nowadays for appliances to last, but I hope I didn't just jinx it, because I am sure glad they still work.  Our microwave is about that old as well and I'm thankful it still works and is going strong.  I am thankful for all the wonderful conveniences that make my life a little bit easier.

No comments: