Yes, I am thankful for teenagers. I've been in Young Women's now for about 1 1/2 months. It is a change and I'm still getting used to the girls and they're still getting used to me, but we've come a long way. I look forward to being with them, I love them, and I have testimony that this is where I need to be right now. They actually teach me so much.
Tonight was our combined activity with the Young Men (they were in charge) and it was an enlightening activity. Each youth was blindfolded and holding onto a string (aka: the Iron Rod) then they were asked questions like: did you read your scriptures every day this week. If the answer was "Yes" they took a step forward along the rod, if the answer was "No" then they moved away from the rod and had to let go. The youth were very honest with their answers and it made them realize the things in their lives that they needed to work on. I thought it was well put together and the Priest that was in charge did a good job. I was really impressed, we had 15 girls there and 28 total youth. Wahoo!
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
Teenagers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Glad you are enjoying your time with them. Marty came home last night all excited about how well the activity went as well. Yay!
Wow. That's really cool!
I thought that activity sounded really cool when we were planning it. That's awesome that you had that many girls. They must have thought it sounded cool too.
Post a Comment