Monday, January 31, 2011

My Friend, Maelynn

Do you remember this post ? Well my dear friend Maelynn surpassed all the dates given as her final days.  They gave her six months to live and eighteen months later her spirit finally gave up this earthly life and has continued on to the other side.
My heart goes out to her family- her 5 little children and her husband.  Luckily, they have had more time than they thought to prepare for this day.  A while back her husband left his job to take over at the home.  It has helped the children acclimate to the change.  They have all been so close and intuitive to the Lord's spirit that her husband woke all the children up early this morning because he felt they needed to say good-bye.  I am so glad they got that chance in the quiet, peaceful morning to be together as a family.  Not long afterwards she passed away.
As I've said before, Maelynn was exemplary in every possible way.  She was so kind to everyone, such a wonderful listener, and she was just happy.
She is on my list with a few select other women who I strive to emulate daily.
Like a mutual friend said earlier today, "We could all use a little more Maelynn in our lives."
Times like these I am so thankful for the Lord's plan; this is not the end and I know I will get to see her again.
Good-Bye Maelynn.

9 comments:

Kristen said...

I am so so sorry for your loss. The plan of salvation brings so much comfort, but the pain is still there. Please let me know if I can take your kids during the funeral.

Jessica said...

It is comforting to know that these wonderful people aren't "lost." But, sometimes it really stinks being left behind. I am sorry.

julie said...

Beautifully put Heidi. I am a much better person because I knew MaeLynn and learned from her example. She is such an amazing person.

Lindsay said...

Heidi, I'm so sorry for this loss. I'm with you - I am so so grateful for inspirational people like it seems she was.
I hope you feel the comfort of the Spirit and that her family is able to work through this change smoothly. I can't even imagine... i hope they're being blessed a ton.

Nate said...

MaeLynn will be missed by all who knew her. Heaven just became a more beautiful place. Although I haven't seen her in over 10 years, I still sit here crying, missing the MaeLynn that I once knew. If you make it to the funeral, please pass along my deepest sympathies to her family.

Tia said...

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. It sounds like she was such a wonderful person. I feel so sorry for her family.

Angie said...

This post totally made me cry to think of her little family all together in the morning saying goodbye. Thanks for sharing. So sorry for your loss.

Potter Family said...

Heidi, sorry for your loss. She sounds like an amazing friend ( a little bit like someone else I know YOU!) There is a special in my heart for women who endure cancer. I know that you will find comfort in knowing her family can be together again.

Mindy said...

So sorry to hear about your friend. That's such a hard thing, I can't imagine what her husband and kids must be feeling, what a hard loss.